- The island is open to the public and there is no cost of admission.
- Please ensure there is adequate supervision for your group for the duration of the program or tour, namely:
- 1:10 for primary school students
- 1:20 for high school students
- 1:10 for children with additional needs
By public ferry
- The easiest way to get to Cockatoo Island is by public ferry. The F3 and F8 services operate to Cockatoo Island daily, departing from Circular Quay and Barangaroo as well as from wharves along Parramatta River. For further information, including timetables, visit the Transport NSW website.
- If your group is travelling to Cockatoo Island by ferry, each person will need to be in possession of an Opal Card with sufficient funds. Alternatively, you can pre-purchase Opal One Day Travel Passes for their entire group. To arrange Opal One Day Travel Passes for your group, click here.
- If you are catching a ferry to Cockatoo Island with a large group, we encourage you to notify Harbour City Ferries by email. Please ensure they are made aware of the size of your group, the ferry service you intend to use (e.g. F3 Parramatta Service @ 10am on 17 July) and where you are travelling to and from (e.g. Circular Quay to Cockatoo Island).
- On-street parking is available for cars near the ferry wharves at Woolwich, Greenwich, Chiswick, Huntleys Point, Drummoyne, Birchgrove and Balmain. The Clarkes Point Reserve Carpark (access via Clarke Road, Woolwich) offers parking for coaches and is a short walk from the Woolwich ferry wharf.
- The Harbour Trust has a car park at the Hunters Hill Sailing Club (accessible via Clarke Road, Woolwich). The car park can accommodate a coach and is a short walk from the Woolwich ferry wharf. Email email@example.com to arrange parking.
Did you know? Stage-specific, teacher-led Discovery Booklets are available to schools that are unable to join us for one of our scheduled education programs. Discovery booklets are an opportunity for schools to Embark on a self-guided tour of the island and investigate the same buildings and spaces as the guided education programs. To learn more, see our education program booking form.