Cockatoo Island has a commanding position in Sydney Harbour and is undergoing a true urban revival. The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust is progressively rehabilitating and restoring its historic sites and gritty industrial spaces, and the island is evolving into a unique and unrivalled site for creative enterprises of all sizes looking to set up business.
Cockatoo Island, with over 70 buildings spread across 18 hectares offers:
- Event venues catering for 50 to 5000 people.
- A licensed cafe, bar and pizzeria.
- Over night visitor accommodation from luxurious heritage houses to camping.
- A diverse cultural program of exhibitions, events and tours.
- Visitor experiences including cafe, tours and regular exhibitions.
- Fast and frequent transport links to the CBD, Parramatta, Inner West and North Shore.
- Outstanding water, city and bridge views.
- Significant convict history – Cockatoo Island, together with 10 other historic convict sites, was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2010.
From hospitality, creative enterprises, tourism, recreation and education, Cockatoo Island offers a refreshing place for your business to prosper and grow. Available facilities range from waterfront workshops, slipways, water rights, docks, hardstand and cavernous warehouses to quirky studios and dramatic exhibition spaces.