- About Cockatoo Island
- About Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
- World Heritage
- Media Centre
- Projects and Planning
- Competitions and Promotions
- Contact Us
Projects and Planning
Upcoming conservation and repair works
Biloela House Conservation Works
Sydney Harbour Federation Trust has commenced extensive conservation and repair work to the former Superintendent's House, Biloela House on Cockatoo Island. Biloela House is a significant heritage-listed building and is part of the Island's Convict World Heritage listing.
The scope of works includes:
- repairs and re-painting of all external joinery including veranda posts and structure, windows, and doors;
- removal of a later stone veranda infill and adjacent bathroom in order to re-instate the form of the original house;
- removal of concrete patches and pointing to external stone walls followed by patch repairs and repointing;
- lifting, relaying and repointing of the verandah stone flagging to limited areas;
- replacement of all gutters and downpipes;
- installation of new electrical reticulation; and
- disconnection of services as required.
The Harbour Trust acknowledges the assistance of the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities' National Historic Sites Program in providing funding for these works.
For more information please call Sydney Harbour Federation Trust on 8969 2100.